Walmart Site to Store Shipping
ship your online purchases to almost any of Walmart's 3,500 stores
Walmart allows you, its online customer, the opportunity to ship your online purchases to almost any of its 3,500 stores across the contiguous United States for free. Rather than paying a delivery service, Walmart uses its own existing trucking and transportation network to carry the goods from distributors to the brick-and-mortar store of your choice. This saves time and money for you, cuts greenhouse gasses (for those of us thinking green) and is another way for Walmart to set itself apart from competitors by consistanly reducing prices.
Items that Walmart does not offer site to store shipping on include those that:
- Are perishable
- Contain hazardous materials
- Weigh over 350 pounds
- Are sold on Walmart.com by its “Marketplace Retailers”—third party companies that have an agreement with Walmart to sell items on their website (Ebags and CSN Store for example.)
Walmart Site to Store Shipping Benefits
Walmart site to store shipping is available on thousands of items listed in the store’s online catalog--just look for the blue and orange “site to store” logo next to the product’s description. Many of these items are only available online. The service is completely free and, often times, items arrive at the store of your choosing within roughly the same timeframe as they would have arrived at your door had you paid extra for standard via another carrier (7-10 days is average.)
Walmart site to store shipping also allows you to track your purchase online. You’ll receive a tracking number in the order confirmation email Walmart sends you after your purchase. Use it on the Walmart website to see exactly where your product is and what stage of the processing and shipping sequence it is in. From that you can roughly estimate when it will arrive.
How to use Walmart Site to Store Shipping
- Simply choose the “site to store” option when inputting your shipping information during the checkout process.
- Choose a store to ship to. Use the Walmart store locator by putting your zip code in the appropriate box and clicking “Find other stores.” Keep in mind; you can have the items sent to just about any store in the contiguous United States so if you’re travelling or the item is a gift, use site to store shipping to get your item where it needs to be.
- Continue checking out and when you’re done Walmart will send you an order confirmation email with an enclosed tracking number for order tracking.
- When your order arrives at the store you designated, Walmart will send you an arrival confirmation email with a confirmation number enclosed. Either print this email or write down the confirmation number—you will need this when picking up the item.
- Go to the individual store’s “site to store” kiosk (often found at the back of the store or near the customer service desk) and an associate will retrieve your item from the backroom.
- Present the confirmation number you received via email, a valid photo ID (to prove you are who you say you are,) and sign for the product when asked to.
That’s all there is to it!
How to Return Items Shipped Via Walmart Site to Store Service
Walmart treats returns of its online purchases identically to those made in-store. Simply return the item with the order confirmation email (this functions as your receipt) and the form of payment you used will be credited.
What Makes Walmart’s Site to Store Shipping Unique
Walmart is the largest retailer in the world. As such, the number and variety of items it stocks in its online store is unparalleled. Using site to store allows you access to those products without ever having to pay shipping charges.
For those of us who don’t want to wait 7-10 days, Walmart also offers “Site to Store Express.” This is a subscription service (currently costing $29 per year) that expedites the shipping process. Items typically arrive in 3-5 days. This may not be practical for those one-time purchases but those who shop a lot will reap the benefits.
Considerations to Keep in Mind when Using Walmart’s Site to Store Shipping
- Walmart allows persons other than those who ordered the items to pick them up in-store; however, that person must be designated during the checkout process. You must input their name and email address as they will receive the delivery confirmation email containing the confirmation number necessary for pick-up. They will still need a valid ID as well.
- Walmart does not currently ship site to store outside the contiguous United States.
- You can cancel or change the shipping method of an order after you’ve purchased the item but only if the item is still in the “processing” sequence. Once the item has left the distributor, no changes can be made.
- You only have 21 days to pick-up items. After 21 days they will be shipped back to the distributor and the form of payment you used will be credited.